The Montgomery County Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program is Now Pre-Registering for the Online CERT Basic #20-02 Class!
We are pleased to announce the Online CERT Basic #20-02. This class is an important first step in the CERT Basic training program.
Please read the following information and requirements carefully before you pre-register for the course using the link listed below:
- In order to maximize class interaction, this course will be limited to the first 25 participants who register. Registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- This is an online learning course only. There will NOT be any on-ground classes held at the 100 Edison Park Drive, Gaithersburg, MD location.
- This online course consists of eight (8) Sessions.
- Participants who complete/participate in all eight sessions will receive an Montgomery County CERT Basic online certificate and will be eligible for the CERT Basic Hands-on practicum course (when available).
- We will be using the Zoom video conference platform for all training sessions.
- The initial session on October 28th will include information for those new to Zoom. However, we strongly recommend you download the zoom app and test it if you are new to the technology. There are also great resources you can access by visiting the Zoom Website.
- After you pre-register, you will receive a separate confirmation email with the details of the class.
- If you have other members of your household who wish to attend, they must register separately.
- Additional details with the Zoom meeting links will be provided once your registration has been confirmed.
- Remember, class slots are limited. Therefore, please ensure that you can commit to the dates and times prior to pre-registering for this class.
Here are the class sessions for the online CERT Basic #20-02 course. (Please do not pre-register if you cannot commit to attend during these dates and times):
- Wednesday, October 28 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Saturday, October 31 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 4 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, November 7 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 11 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, November 14 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 18 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, November 21 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
There are also 2 documents available that will help prepare you for this class at the following link:
- CERT Basic FAQ Document
- Zoom Instructions
Thank you for your interest in the Montgomery County CERT Basic program. If you have additional questions, not covered above, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Greg St. James- Montgomery CERT Program Manager