Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training
Do you know how to assist your neighbors and co-workers in any emergency situation? Will you be able to help if Emergency Services are delayed? If your answer was not a resounding yes, then consider taking the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training course offered by Montgomery County.
Montgomery County’s enhanced Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training course will prepare you for common emergencies situations and the hazards and disasters that may impact the DC Metro area.
Register for the Next Class
The Montgomery County Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program is now pre-registering for the CERT Basic course #21-02. Let your friends and family know!
Please read the following information and requirements CAREFULLY before you pre-register for the course (link is below). We will be following County and City guidelines to ensure the safety of all who attend. Please be advised that the guidelines may evolve as we get closer to the class dates.
- In order to maximize class interaction, this course will be limited to the first 35participants who register. Registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- This course consists of 10 sessions. 5 Wednesdays and 5 Saturdays.
- This is a Hybrid Course. Online learning will take place Wednesday evenings. The In-person portion will take place on Saturdays at PSHQ 100 Edison Park Drive, Gaithersburg, MD location.
- Participants who complete/participate in all 10 sessions will receive a Montgomery County CERT Basic certificate.
- We will be using the Zoom video conference platform for all Wednesday evening sessions.
- The initial session on October 13th is a required session. It will include a brief introduction of our online expectations and how to navigate the Zoom platform.
- However, we strongly recommend you download the zoom app and test it if you are new to the technology. There are also great resources you can access by visiting the Zoom Website.
- After you pre-register, you will receive a separate confirmation email with the details of the class.
- If you have other members of your household who wish to attend, they must register separately.
- Additional details with the Zoom meeting links will be provided once your registration has been confirmed.
- Remember, class slots are limited. Therefore, please ensure that you can commit to all the dates and times prior to pre-registering for this class.
Here are the class sessions for the CERT Basic course #21-02. (Please do not pre-register if you cannot commit to attend during these dates and times):
- Wednesday, October 13 7:00 pm – 9:15pm
- Saturday, October 16 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 20 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, October 23 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 27 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, October 30 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 3 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, November 6 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 10 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, November 13 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
In order to pre-register, please use the following link
There are also 2 documents available that will help prepare you for this class at the following link:
- CERT Basic FAQ Document
- Zoom Instructions
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com
What CERT Training Teaches
This course covers the FEMA CERT training course material which includes fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization and disaster response. Additionally, this course includes CPR/AED training and certification.
Other topics covered are:
- Disaster Preparedness
- First Aid, Personal Protection, and CPR /AED
- Mass Casualty Response and Triage / Disaster Medical Operations
- Two-Way Radio Use
- Hazardous Materials Awareness
- Incident Command System (NIMS)
- Pet Safety
- Damage Assessment
- Terrorism Awareness
- Team well-being and Disaster Psychology
- … and more.