In conjunction with the Beth Sholom Sisterhood, Montgomery County Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) presents Storm Camp, a free half day interactive educational event for adults and children designed to help you be prepared, no matter the threat. Storm Camp will show you how to:
- Build a Home Disaster Kit
- Safely operate a fire extinguisher
- Respond to common life threatening medical emergencies
- Organize your neighborhood and workplace to be ready
- Prepare your home and loved ones for emergencies large and small
Kids 4-11 will enjoy a special program of fun and learning that will turn ordinary youngsters into “Ready Pirates” equipped with age appropriate emergency skills.
Our Next Storm Camp is Sunday April 3rd from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm at the Beth Sholom Congregation and Talmud Torah.
Storm Camp was developed by the CERT, which is part of the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services’ Division of Volunteer Services, and is taught by FEMA certified instructors that include active and retired EMT’s and Firefighters.