Congratulations on completing CERT Basic!
We enjoyed having you in class with us and hope you want to join us and continue learning and serving your community with Montgomery CERT.
How do I join the Montgomery CERT Team?
Whether you want to keep updated on training opportunities, be an occasional volunteer, or be actively involved in responding to emergency situations, joining the team is as easy as completing CERT Basic.
All you must do is log into the CERVIS, our volunteer management system, and verify your information.
Unless you specifically ask not to be on the team, your membership status will be automatically updated to a General Member.
As a member, you will have access to most of the training opportunities.
General Members are not deployable and cannot take part in responses or volunteer to represent Montgomery CERT at events.
What is CERVIS? How do I log in?
CERVIS is our volunteer management system. It’s where we keep team records and where team members can register to take part in events and training classes.
Every team member has an account that is set up for you during CERT Basic. If you have never logged in before, you will need to set up a password. Follow these instructions for accessing your CERVIS account.
How do I become a Member of Montgomery CERT or a Member of the GoTeam?
The process includes the following:
- Complete all CERT Basic training, including FEMA courses IS-100 & IS-700 and receive a graduation certificate.
- Get entered in the County’s Personal Information Management System (PIMS). You will need to e-mail to email@example.com to request a PIMS appointment by phone. The process is fairly quick and takes about 15 minutes to complete.
- Get fingerprinted and have a background check conducted by Montgomery County. The Montgomery CERT Human Resources/Admin team will go through the fingerprinting form during the PIMS appointment to complete the information to send to our county government representative to complete the process.
- Once you get your completed fingerprinting form, scan it and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org and your membership status level will be updated to “GoTeam” in CERVIS.
- It can take up to 6 months to receive your county ID card once you have completed the PIMS and fingerprinting process. You can still participate in GoTeam and other community service opportunities while you are waiting for your ID card.
How do I join the GoTeam?
Becoming a GoTeam member takes a bit more effort. The county requires certain information from you, including a background check before you are eligible to volunteer with the team; even for basic community service opportunities. This will allow you to receive a county ID card after the process is completed.
Any CERT member that has gone through the PIMS appointment and fingerprinting process can join the GoTeam.