The Hemorrhage Control Training Course will cover both instructional and practical application of wound recognition, direct pressure techniques, tourniquet application, and wound packing. This will not be a repeat of CERT wound care. Instead, it will be a combination of the American College of Surgeons Stop the Bleed program and other pre-hospital hemorrhage control programs. This class will illustrate a couple commercially available pressure dressings and tourniquets, and provide hands-on of tourniquets and simulated injury wound-packing trainers for bleeding that can not be stopped by other means.
Please sign up in CERVIS to attend.
Sat, Aug 31, 2019 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Hemorrhage Control Training
Event Meeting Location:
100 Edison Park Drive, Gaithersburg, MD
View Location Map
Please follow these instructions to register online for this event:
1. Visit the Montgomery County CERT event registration page: http://cerv.is/m?0120g5D3tH8
2. Click on the “Register” button at the bottom of the page.
3. Follow the on screen instructions to access the CERVIS registration system. If this is your first time using the CERVIS online registration system, you will be prompted to create a Volunteer Profile.
4. Once you have successfully signed into the system (or created a profile, if needed) you will automatically be registered for this event and receive a confirmation E-mail.
5. If you would like to register additional individuals for this event, please select their name from the list and enter the code below into the “Event Registration Code” field. Next, click the “Register for selected event” button to complete the additional registration.
Event Registration Code: 5D3tH8